Sunday, September 9, 2007

2 down, 2 to go

It’s been a hard 2 weeks for me. I’m quite lonesome being away from the love of my life and our kids. The thought about doing a year apart, if the situation suggested it, has been removed from my mind forever. There’s not a chance in hell that I’d want to do that first year without Wife’s presence, touch, and emotional support. You just can’t get that from a phone call.

Depsite feeling lonely I’ve done rather well, thus far, at keeping on task. I figured there’d be some times where I’d loose focus, have a hard time studying after a long day, and just want to get the hell outta the OR. Fortunately that’s not been the case, but I have been feeling rather low recently.

Yesterday I saw a movie by myself just to get a sense of normalcy again. Unfortunately Rob Zombie’s "Halloween" remake didn’t really help – quite twisted.

I believe that my appreciation of how much my wife brings to me, outside of the initial physical enjoyment, has grown exponentially. She is an amazing woman who has made me the man I am today. I don't think I truly understood how much she has done for me and how little I can do to repay her. Corny, but true.

I long for that day, 13 days from now, where I’ll be able to hold her, smell her, and reconnect with her emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I just wish it were today.

2 comments:

Liz said...

aw that was sweet. corny is good sometimes. long distance sucks, but thankfully you're only doing it for a month. i'm sure the next 2 weeks will fly by. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

Good Lord - I think I am going to vomit. Have you considered trying to grow a pair?

I am totally kidding - I went to a Barry Manilow concert where he played "our song" Sunday night because I knew she would love it. Doesn't get much more sack-less than that my friend. Sometimes it just isn't about you, it's about them.

-M